Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Direct Mail Synopsis

  My direct mail piece was designed around gamers and 2 different gaming websites available to them. I picked addictinggames.com for the ladies in my group and riotgames.com for the males. The websites are completely different on the types of games available on each one. Addictinggames.com has more user friendly games where you can pick from a lot of web based games and you don't have to have an account or make a profile.  Riotgames.com is a site that has large games that you have to download and make profiles for and take a lot of time to play them.  
   For the males postcard on the front the picture is my roommate holding his computer taken from a birds eye view and set in a duotone green. I took the picture and put it into photoshop and made him a clipping mask, I than changed him to black and white and than finally to duotone green.  The females postcard has a picture of my neighbor Sarah holding an Xbox controller also shot from a birds eye view.  This picture was set in duotone green as well.  On the back of both the postcards is a picture of Sarah and Jared with xbox controllers shot head on and it is set in a duotone green as well.
  My audience I was shooting for was high school, and college age people who like to play video games.  The pictures I took illustrate two different ways you can game and I think did a good job at grabbing the audiences attention. 
  Since my 3 images were put in a duotone green I made the type a green type and on the corners there is a green layer with white type. I feel that the colors make it flow together very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment